Victory's Six Guiding Principles for a Professional Learning Community
- Moving from privatization of practice to effective open sharing.
- Moving from remediation to intervention.
- Moving from an assumption that “these are my kids, those are your kids” to an assumption that “these are our kids.”
- Moving from individual teachers determining the appropriate response to a systematic response that ensures support for every student.
- Moving from assessments that determine which students failed to learn by a deadline to Moving to assessments that identify students who need additional time and support.
- Moving from just providing individual teachers with curriculum documents to engaging collaborative teams in building shared knowledge regarding essential curriculum.